Sunday 8 March 2009

Know what you are buying!!!

Recently I have had a guy bring a Wrangler to me to see if I could sort out a few problems he has with it. He had driven 4x4’s before but not Wranglers so did not know that much about them, and bought this particular vehicle on recommendation. It is a shame that he did not take someone with him that had knowledge of this particular make of vehicle, as he might have got it at a cheaper price or even walked away from it.

From first look as it was taken of the flat bed that delivered to me, I could see the front axle was out of alignment by at least 3”, the back was out by a couple of inches. On starting it and driving it onto the ramp I could hear all sorts of mechanical noises from the driveline.

These are problems that should have been easily spotted, by someone that had a little knowledge about this brand of vehicle. As it is, it’s now going to cost a fair amount of money to put these problems plus a few more I have found right.

So if you are not sure then ask someone to go with you and get them to cast there eye over it, it could save you a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment