Friday 14 August 2009

Keeping it Cool

One question I get asked quite often do you sell the low temperature thermostats for the Wrangler TJ, well the answer is yes, but normally the Wrangler will run fine even on the hottest day without over heating. My first question to them is are you sure your radiator is clean, and the answer is of course it is! Well below are a couple of photo’s of a radiator I took out of a Wrangler when the owner gave me the answer “Of course the rad is clean but it is still running hot” I wonder why?

I had to lay the radiator down and soak it for an hour to soften the mud before I could wash it out with a hose.

When cleaning out the radiator be careful if you are using a high pressure jet wash as this can damage the fins on the radiator. It is best to wash out the radiator while the mud is still soft and use a hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment